Wednesday 13 October 2010

Perfect Target Audience Profile

We believe that our main target audience would be extremely simular to us as people. So we used Georges Facebook profile, picking out key information to give an overall perfect example of our viewer.

Hey, the names George! :)
I'm a caucasion 18 year old student studying Film and Media studies at University. I come from a typical nuclear family with my mum dad and sister, who thankfully I am still very close to. I guess you could say I'm pretty middle class and am currently enjoying life with my like minded pals who all share simular interest in movies, books and almost everything in general, except music.

I love my classic rock like Led Zeppelin, The Who and The Stones. However, my mates are more into RnB and Hip Hop causing some hilarious arguments. We're always hitting up the cinema on Wednesday nights (2 for 1) to catch a film, and attending the London Film Festival, which was a great day out! But alas, being a student it is extremely tough for me to afford these trips out, so often get my movies from the internet ;).

I'd like to think I was pretty trendy always shopping at Topman and River Island for some hip new threads like skinny jeans and a polo ;) In my spare time I just love to sit down and watch a good film and devote all my attention to it, or maybe even just go for a drive in my Clio over to one of my mates house or watch a film with my room mate Sam and express what we feel the director was trying to achieve with the film to each other, aswell as maybe even hitting up Costa Coffee or Starbucks for a quick drink in a very relaxing environment, mmm a mocha, yes please :D


Another passion I have is art, in many different forms, I very much enjoy classical music and visiting art galleries on occassions and of course the art of film! I may not have studied art at all, but in my opinion my form of art would come in film. I am extremely enthusiastic about film loving every genre (especially horror) which in turn aspired me to study what I do, Stanley Kurbrick's The Shinning is not only my favourite horror movie, but could easily be considered as my favourite movie of all time, something about creepy children (especially girls) really gets to me!! Get into contact with me, I'm a fun loving guy who very much enjoys meeting new people!


After reviewing Georges profile I believe he is a true representation of the audience we are trying to reach, with his love of films and the fact that he studies them, I feel he will appreciate what we have tried to achieve with the film, as he seems to have a good knowledge of the subject. Along with the fact that he visits short film festivals as well as downloading short films off the internet it's clear to see that he will be one of the people who fit the criteria of viewing our film. Alongside the fact that our film fits into his favourite genre type, horror showing he enjoys films surrounding dark, bleak and eerie themes which is most definitely something we are trying to achieve.

By Anthony Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment