Friday 7 January 2011

Planning Diary 3

Week 10
Jack and I decided to continue with filming and so proceeded with our third day of it, thankfully the snow had returned and so the entire day consisted of the pair of us patching up the snow shots that had issues, for example a tripod was seen within frame, and so we completely re filmed this shot. As well as this Jack and I dove into poster research where Jack would find some posters which we are looking to imitate and I would analyse then to find a deeper meaning and help us when creating our own poster. I decided to write an initial script for what we have been discussing in making the movie, I took into prospect most of the shots we are going to use as well as the dialogue. Whilst Jack posted about the numerous decisions on props and costume.

Week 11
We began the process of narrowing down the music choice to ensure it would be perfect, taking into account of a few different songs I posted one which we were very impressed with and contemplated using. Jack and I then found Skype, whilst talking over it we thought to ourselves why not textually analyse the movie Signs, this adds an interesting edge to a textual analysis and provided us with the opportunity to work together giving off our own opinions on why the director used the shorts.The filming then began to get a lot more serious, as the snow had melted and there was no way of getting it back, we scrapped everything and started over. Thankfully as we had already done it before, Jack and I were experienced and knew exactly what we were doing so were able to get through the first 3 minutes of the film itself with no hassle and once Harvey and Michael arrived we were able to finish the film nicely. Jack and I then edited the entire film during and after school to a standard we were all very pleased with. I then decided on the music choice of the film which fitted perfectly thankfully.

Now the film has been finished I proceeded to decide what magazine between Sight and Sound and Total Film I would structure the article in, I posted a video as well as wrote a few lines describing why I decided on total film, and then proceeded to write the entire article the next day. During this process Jack created a poster for the film, which we drew influence from, shown previously within a blog post. Now that the group has uploaded the video onto the blog, we individually took up the evaluations and completed them alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment