Thursday 6 January 2011

Finishing the film - Editing

After filming today, Anthony and I headed to the editing suite to try and finish the editing in one day. Unfortunately Harvey and Michael were not present because they had lessons to attend to so Anthony and I had to edit it ourselves. The program we used to edit was Pinnacle Studio which I believe is fantastic for editing  as it is extremely user friendly and allows people to use quite complex effects with a click of a button. I physically did the editing because I have had much more experience editing then Anthony, however Anthony was extremely helpful with editing and without him I doubt the film would be nearly as good as what we created. Because I've had to edit so many different versions of the film I knew exactly what to do and this made the editing process extremely quick and easy. Because both Anthony and I were present and only one person can physically edit, I would edit numerous clips to form a sequence and would then ask Anthony to give me his honest impressions on what he liked and didn't liked. This worked out very well as we could both voice our opinions and we could try out different techniques that we may have not of used if only Anthony or I was editing.

We managed to edit the film in about two and a half hours as we would watch the footage numerous times to look out for clips or sounds that may have looked out of place. Within this time we also received feedback from many of our peers telling us what they liked and disliked and this helped us very much in making our final tweaks to the film. Overall we received really good feedback from our peers and many of them were especially impressed with the "Cloning shot" which was essentially a shot of Anthony looking at his own body. After we editing the film we had to put the music in and balance it. Anthony supplied the music by bringing in his USB memory stick and together we tweaked the settings to get the perfect balance. We managed to create many musical stings at crucial parts of the story that I believe are extremely effective.

Overall the editing process went extremely well and we managed turn footage that we filmed on the same day into a film that we are all proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment