Monday 20 December 2010

Third Day of Filming

As Usual, Anthony and I decided to film on the 20th of December as the weather conditions matched with our other shots. After reviewing the footage in the editing suite Anthony and I noticed a lot of mistakes that we decided to try and patch up today. For example, in one shot we noticed the tripod bag was in shot, and the more we viewed the shot the more it became apparent to the point where we had to get rid of it. As a pair, we loved the shot and felt it fit perfectly as it was, so tried to recreate it exactly as it was. We did the shot 3 times, changing small details each time in the hope that one of them will fit. After we finished some missing shots we then decided to move on to some new shots which Anthony and I discussed thoroughly.

An example of a shot Jack and I discussed used the editing technique of cloning. In order to pull this off, I was made to walk down a very narrow alleyway with the camera stationary in a mid shot. When my entire body has past the camera we were keen on leaven the camera running and sending me behind my initial walking spot so I would appear behind myself after my body had walked past. This in turn would create a haunting effect which is almost spiritual where I would appear in a spot watching myself from afar. After much deliberation Jack decided it would be best if he took the role of the person watch me, so we would not confuse the audience. I agreed so we continued to repeat the process but put Jack in the background. After checking up on the footage a number of times we were finally left with the effect we were pleased with and are eager to see what it turns out like in the editing room.

Day three of filming basically consisted of patching up the shots in the snow, as it seems the snow has stopped for quite a while. It gave us time to prepare for the transition of snow to sun, so we stopped filming in the middle of a pan, and once the pan has finished, I will appear with no snow surrounding. These noticeable shifts in weather are key to our story line and play an important role in the protagonist finding out where he is. Jack and I were extremely pleased with today's filming and feel we achieved everything we set out to do and are excited to film the remainder of our film in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment